Fast Facts About Matlacha, FL
- Cape Coral: 25min
- Bonita Springs: 55min
- Fort Myers: 29min
- Fort Myers – 45min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $24,955
- Household: $60,513
County: Lee County
Type of location: CDP
Why is Matlacha a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Matlacha gives access to full island living as it sits on and completely covers a small island that is situated between Pine Island (Florida’s largest island) and the mainland where Fort Myers is located. As a cute, colorful and artsy area, it is an old fishing village that still boasts some ramshackle, shoreline charm.
Matlacha offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Lee County School District. Its vision is to be a world-class school system with the mission of ensuring each student achieves his/her highest personal potential
What is Matlacha Known For?
Those living in Matlacha know all about Pine Island Road, which connects the mainland with Pine Island and runs straight through Matlacham with roads radiating from it. These roads are home to tightly-packed funky pastel colored cottages, manufactured homes, concrete block ranch ramblers and little bohemian bungalows. In addition, fishermen adore this area, specifically with sea trout in such good supply. Professional fishermen tend their vessels at the marinas along Pine Island Road and set out daily in search of shrimp, clams and crabs.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Matlacha?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Matlacha with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Blue Dog Bar & Grill, an upbeat watering hole featuring American grub, seafood, beer & wine, plus a back patio on the water.
- The Perfect Cup, a low-key cafe serving a menu of coffee, breakfast & sandwiches in colorful surroundings with murals.
- Miceli’s Restaurant, a down-to-earth, waterfront operation furnishing Italian & American meals, plus regular live music.
- House of Omelets Restaurant, a bustling, family-friendly restaurant offering classic breakfast plates, plus burgers & sandwiches.
- Keg & Cow, an informal, family-friendly outpost offering classic pub sandwiches & salads, plus 48 beers on tap.