Fast Facts About Fort Myers Beach, FL
- Cape Coral: 23min
- Bonita Springs: 29min
- Naples: 44min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $41,520
- Household: $75,919
County: Lee County
Type of location: Town
Why is Fort Myers Beach a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Fort Myers Beach gives you access to stunning views. It is a nice place to live due to its beautiful housing, fantastic weather, beach access, and delicious restaurants.
Fort Myers Beach offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Lee County School District. Its philosophy articulates the rights and abilities of all students to learn and establishes a foundation for which all teachers work together to teach all students.
What is Fort Myers Beach Known For?
Fort Myers Beach is known as one of the best places to collect shells. The beaches of Fort Myers Beach are on a shallow water plateau that collects shells on a natural shelf. As a result, the city boasts more shell varieties than any other spot in North America. While residents find plenty of privacy in the area, Fort Myers Beach is also known as a popular tourist destination. From Bowditch Point Park to Matanzas Pass Preserve, those living in Fort Myers Beach always find plenty to do.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Fort Myers Beach?
Some of the top restaurants in Fort Myers Beach with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Dixie Fish Co., a down-to-earth hangout offering seafood grub & live music, plus an airy patio on the gulf.
- Fresh Catch Bistro, for local seafood in this breezy cafe with a swanky bar & deck overlooking the Gulf.
- Flippers, a chill, open-air hub with bay views presenting an international-inspired menu, plus wine & cocktails.
- Sunflower Cafe, an enduring spot for traditional American & Greek comfort food & all-day breakfast in diner surroundings.
- Summerlin Cafe, for diner-style breakfast, lunch & dinner whipped up in a straightforward restaurant with seating.