Those individuals looking to move to a growing and thriving city may want to consider Cape Coral, Florida. It is the eighth largest city in Florida by population and is continuing to get larger. As a resident, you will enjoy a borderline tropical savanna climate (getting about 56 inches of rain each year) with an average of 355 days of sunshine per year. Check out our guide to living in Cape Coral, FL.
At Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty – Vasbinder International, our real estate agents are here to help you find the perfect home in Cape Coral for you and your family. With such a warm climate and plenty of fun activities, Cape Coral is sure to be a wonderful new start for you and your family.
Fast Facts About Cape Coral
If you are considering living in Cape Coral, FL, here are some interesting facts about your next city that should be taken into consideration before you make the move.
Population (2020): 194,016
- Fort Myers, FL: 24 min (11.2 miles)
- Bonita Springs, FL: 39 min (21.9 miles)
- Naples, FL: 58 min (34.9 miles)
- Southwest Florida International Airport – 15.7 miles
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $43,410
- Household: $47,503
Type of location: a large city
Why is Cape Coral a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Cape Coral, FL is one of the nicest places to live in all of Florida. You will have plenty of sunshine and lovely weather for any and all outdoor activities, and you are sure to see plenty of wonderful flora and fauna that calls Cape Coral it’s home as well. These species include various types of waterfowl and wading birds, burrowing owls, migrant songbirds, gopher tortoises, dolphins, and reptiles.
If you take a quick trip to Rotary Park, you could see raptors, butterflies, foxes, and many other species. You can even see West Indian manatees at Sirenia Vista Park, and there are three invasive species to be spotted throughout the city, including the green iguana, spiny-tailed iguana, and Nile monitor.
What is Cape Coral Known For?
The population of Cape Coral is quite young, so you can rest assured that there will always be something exciting happening in the city. Cape Coral has many great outdoor places to explore and enjoy, including:
- Gator Mike’s Family Fun Park
- 2 great libraries
- SunSplash Water Park
- Yacht Basin and Club’s beach and fishing pier on the Caloosahatchee River
- Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve
With so many places in which to spend the day with friends and family, you will certainly have plenty of fun living in Cape Coral.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Cape Coral?
After a day of exploring and spending time at the water, you are sure to have worked up an appetite. Here are some of the most well-known and top-rated restaurants in Cape Coral:
- Ford’s Garage Cape Coral – car-themed restaurant serving burgers and drinks
- Rib City – BBQ eatery in a relaxed atmosphere
- Prime 239 Steakhouse – four-story steakhouse, office building and sky bar on the eastern end of Cape Coral Parkway
- J & P Asian Fusion – Asian fare serving sushi, Asian noodle dishes, fried rice and more
- Lobster Lady – casual bistro with raw bar selections & various seafood dishes, plus beer, wine & carry-out options.
- Ceno Grille – cozy, casual restaurant offering Greek & Italian food, including build-your-own pasta dishes.
- Monkey Bar Steak & Seafood – modern and lively restaurant serving American food
There are plenty of cuisine options to choose from, and we are sure that you will find the right place to satisfy your palate.
If you are considering buying a home and living in Cape Coral, contact our real estate agents at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty – Vasbinder International. You can also give us a call directly at 239-990-8290 to find out the median home price as well as our inventory. Check out our inventory here.